Weekly News from the RBYC
We made a polite request last week for members to remove trailers from the car park, but very little seems to have happened. As the sailing season gets underway parking becomes a critical issue, so would you please make every effort to clear your trailer without further delay.
News from the Sea School
The RBYC Sea School's RYA First Aid Course which is being run over two Tuesday evenings on Tuesday 16th and Tuesday 23rd May from 6pm to 9:30pm currently has space available. The next RYA Powerboat 2 course is fully booked, but there are spaces on the RYA Powerboat 2 course on 17th-18th June and the VHF SRC Radio course on Sunday 4th June 2017.
It's never too late to learn a new skill or refresh what you know already. Bookings can be made through RBYC Sea School bookings
Bar and Catering
Our specials for this week are:
- Gammon Steak with Egg, served with chips and peas
- Vegetarian quiche with chips and salad.
We will be serving our Bar Menu until 3:30pm on Saturday.
There are no formal events this weekend, so normal casual drinking and dining is the order of the day. Our Sunday Carvery this week will be Roast Sirloin of Beef. We will also be offering a limited bar menu.
On Sunday, the RBYC Cadets are holding the first of their two Clare Cup Sundays with prizes sponsored by Allen Bros. Racing for all dinghy classes. Please go to Clare Cup pages for further information.
Forthcoming events include:
- Friday 19th May - BOCCRC Prize Giving Supper
- Saturday 20th May- Aspirin Trophy Dinner
- Sunday 21st May - Aspirin Trophy two course lunch buffet, serving a selection of cold seafood, meats & quiches served with an array of salads & breads followed by a dessert buffet all for £18.Bookings please via the normal methods.
- The Whitsun Regatta takes place 27th - 29th May. The Notice of Race and Entry form are on the RBYC website, and the full programme is to be available shortly. On-line entry is preferred, so please go to Whitsun Regatta. The full social programme will be released shortly.